Email Notifications and the Activity Feed help you stay informed about what’s going on with your projects and people.
Notifications can help you:
- Stay in the loop on the current state of your assignments or tasks
- Know if a project you’re tracking has any changes
- Get a rundown of what’s happened throughout the day
The Activity Feed aggregates all of these important changes and displays them in a historical timeline on each project dashboard and on the Personal Page.
Email Notifications will update you via email of important changes to your own assignments or projects you’re interested in. These notifications are smartly aggregated, meaning that if you make multiple changes close together, they will all be sent in one email to reduce noise in your inbox. You can also choose to receive a daily digest of the day’s activity instead.
Personal Notification Settings
To change the frequency of your own notification preferences, go to Settings > My Preferences.
Notifications Preferences include:
- Off: Notifications are not sent. You can still see changes made in your own Activity Feed.
- Immediately: Notifications will be sent as changes are made. When multiple changes occur in a short time period, they’ll be grouped and sent in one email.
- Daily (default): You’ll receive an email each morning detailing changes made during the previous 24 hours.
Following a Project
If you’re interested in keeping track of a project you aren’t assigned to, you can follow the project to get updates in your personal Activity Feed. You’ll also receive email notifications based on your personal or organizational preferences. To follow a project, select the Follow option from the Project Page, located above the Activity Feed.
Notifications per Project
By default, notifications are enabled for all projects. If you’re resourcing or planning a tentative project and don’t want to alarm or overload your team by sending notifications, Administrators and Project Managers can mute notifications for that project on the Edit Project page.
Account-Wide Notifications Settings
Email notifications are enabled by default. Only Administrators have the ability to change notification preferences for all active people. Administrators can change notification preferences in the account in the “Notifications” section of your Account Settings. Here, you can either enable or mute email notifications from 10,000ft to your team.
There are two account-wide notifications settings:
- Enable Notifications: Allows notifications to be sent for all people in your account. Each person will still be able to set their own Email Notification Preferences from the “My Preferences” page. If you previously had notifications disabled, selecting this option will return each person's notification frequency preference back to its prior state.
- Disable Notifications: Disables notifications completely for all people in your account and hides Email Notification Preferences from each person’s “My Preferences” page.
Changes made to Assignments will update the feed on both your Personal Page and Project Pages. Adding and removing project assignments will aggregate to one line item in the Activity Feed, while changes to project assignments aggregate as a separate line item.
Do you have a request or idea for notifications you'd love to see in the future? Let us know.