The Project Worklist acts as a visual table of all Work Items and assignments for the project, organized by phases. You can easily see all the work, who it’s assigned to, and its current status. From here, you can efficiently create and edit project plans and easily indicate who should work on what and when.
Use Work Items to indicate key deliverables or milestones within the project or specific project phases.
Using the Worklist, you can communicate and track the actual work within the project while staying high-level to focus on the project’s outcomes.
The Worklist is designed to make outlining a new project quick and efficient.
When setting up a new project, the Worklist contains only the project name and its dates. A default status for the project is set. Dates must be provided when setting up a new project.
There are three top level buttons for building the project:
+ Work Item
+ Team Member
Adding a phase creates a new row below the project name and opens the phase property panel.
Tip: To quickly create phases in succession, hit the enter/return key on your keyboard after typing each phase's name. New phases will be added to the bottom of the Worklist. Any other action ends fast entry.
To adjust phase dates, click on the start or end date of the phase or assignments. This will surface a date picker which will sort the phase to the top or bottom of the list, based on start date. If you shorten the first phase created, the next phase created will be set to start immediately following the end of the previous phase.
If dates of multiple phases need to be adjusted, navigate to the Schedule and adjust the dates easily by dragging phase bars on the left and right-hand side.
Adding Work Items
To add descriptions of work to your project or to existing assignments, to your project,
- Clicking surfaces a side panel which allows you to edit high-level details of the project or phase (name, start & end dates). You’ll also have the ability to add a team member or add a work item that will be associated at the project or phase-level
- Hovering surfaces a “+ Work Item” text at the very bottom of the project or phase grouping, allowing you to quickly add a description of the work or outcome that will be associated at the project or phase-level
Assigning Work Items
Once you’ve described the work or outcome at the project- or phase-level, you should assign this to your resources.
- Click on the row of the Work Item surfaces a panel that will bring up all details on that work. You’ll have the option to select “Assign Team Member” to assign someone to this work, in addition to being able to change the Status and dates of the assignment.
- Hover over the Work Item name to reveal a hidden “Assign” text to the left. Click on “Assign” to surface a panel that will allow you to choose a team member to add to this work.
Copying Work Items
Making a copy of a Work Item allows you to duplicate a single assignment in the same phase, to another phase within the same project, or to the project itself.
To copy a Work Item:
- From the worklist page, click on the Work Item you would like to copy
- Select Copy at the bottom of the Work Item panel on the right
- Select the project or phase where you would like to copy the Work Item
- Multiple people working on the same thing - copy the Work Item multiple times and reassign to the correct people.
- Similar Assignment across many phases of a project - copy the Work Item to multiple phases instead of creating a new one for each phase.
- Move a Work Item - copy the Work Item to a new phase and delete the old Work Item.
Deleting Work Items
Administrators and Project Managers can delete Work Items. Deleting a Work Item deletes the entire row and all its contents, including the assignment. If time has already been tracked to the assignment, that information is retained.
To remove only the Work Item part of the assignment (i.e. the Work Item’s name), select the name of the Work Item, and delete the text description on the assignment.
Adding a Team Member to a single phase:
There are two ways to add a single Team Member to the Worklist:
- When you select the name of the project or a phase, you’ll see an “+ Add Team Member” button under Actions in the right panel
- Hovering under the last entry in a phase or project, which will reveal an “+ Add Team Member” button
Clicking on the “+ Add Team Member” button will reveal a panel of all the people and placeholders in your organization’s account, along with a search box to find the right people faster.
Adding a Team Member to multiple phases:
Add a Team Member to multiple phases by using the “+ Add Team Member” button above the project name.
- Click the “+ Add Team Member” button above the project name
- Select the phases you would like to add Team Members to using the check boxes on the left
- Click the green “Select Phase(s)” button
- Select the Team Member you would like to add to those phases
All assignments have start and end dates. Depending on whether the person is assigned at the project or phase-level, assignments will inherit the project or phase start and end dates by default.
You can specify a status for each Work Item to identify and communicate the real-time status for current project work. Administrators, Project Managers and the person assigned to the work can change the status over the course of a project will enable you to capture historical changes. Use this information to uncover insights about how work can run more smoothly.
Statuses can be used to visually identify items within a project that need attention and can be customized to suit your organization’s unique vocabulary.
When you change a status, the newly set status is shown wherever that Work Item appears, until it’s modified again.
Sometimes the start of a project might get postponed or moved up. There might be many phases and assignments defined for this project already. In this case, you can shift the project or phase as a whole.
Steps to Shift:
- On the Project Page, in the Worklist section, click on the bold project or phase name header
- On the panel that appears on the righthand side, click on “Shift Dates”
- Select a new start date for this project or phase
- Click Save
Shifting a project will shift all phases, assignments as well as due dates for tasks. When a project goes on hold you can use the Shift functions to open up the schedule of assignments for other project work.
Administrators and Project Managers can also edit some project properties from the Worklist view. Information that can be edited includes:
- Project Name
- Project Dates
- Project Duration
- Edit Project Settings: Navigates to the project settings page
- Add Team Member: another area where you can add people to the project