When you archive a project, you lose the ability to schedule or track additional time to that project. Archiving will maintain all data for that project in the system. You can still filter to see archived project data on the Project Page or in the Reports.
We recommend archiving any projects you’ve completed or projects that you no longer want to track time towards.
Archiving a project:
- Removes the project from the Active Projects list on the project page and adds it to the Archived Projects list.
- Removes the project from the list to assign hours on the Schedule or report time towards the project on your timesheet
- Truncates any assignments that are in the future for that project and removes them from the Schedule and Personal Page, so no more time can be reported to that project.
Archive a project by navigating to the Edit Project settings for that project. In the left column, you can Copy, Archive, or Delete the project.
Deleting a Project or Phase
Deleting a project or phase should be done intentionally as this will remove all data for that project or phase permanently.
Phases without assignments, time entries, or expenses associated with it can be deleted from the Edit Project menu. Projects can only be deleted if its phases do NOT have any time entries, assignments or expenses associated with it.
Phases that have team member assignments, confirmed time entries, or expenses associated with it cannot be immediately deleted, to prevent you from accidentally deleting project phases historical time or expenses associated with it.
Deleted phases cannot be recovered. If a phase has assignments, confirmed time entries, and/or expenses, those items must be manually removed before the phase can be deleted. The option to delete the phase will appear after these items are removed from the phase.Here's how to find assignments and confirmed time associated with a phase to delete:
- On the project page, find the “Status” section on the left and select “Budget Report”
- Group the Budget Report by Phase Name, then by Team Member
- Filter by “Phase Name” and select the specific phase(s) you want to delete
- Click on a person's name to expand details about the date(s) of incurred or future time scheduled
- Manually remove these time entries by clicking “Clear Suggestions” in the Personal Page to permanently remove time entries. (Note: Time entries that have been approved must be unlocked before they can be removed)
Follow these steps to find expenses associated with a phase to delete:
- Change the parameters of the Budget Report you created above to view “Budget: Amounts”
- Click on a person's name to expand details about the date(s) of incurred expenses
Manually remove expenses from the person’s Personal Page. (Note: Expenses that have been approved must be unlocked before they can be removed.)