Administrators, Project Managers, and Schedulers can assign people to projects on the Schedule. When you add or change assignments on the Schedule, the Project Page is automatically updated to reflect the changes.
Assignments on the Schedule
Assignment allocation can be set as percentage of time, hours per day, or total hours.
- Percentage: Assigns hours evenly as a percentage of available hours (example: Joe is assigned 30% of his time to Project A)
- Hours per day: Assigns an exact number of hours per day regardless of the person’s availability (example: Joe is assigned 4 hrs per day to Project A)
Flexible hours allow you to adjust the assignment when you change the project’s length. For example, changing a person’s assignment from 50% for 6 weeks to 10 weeks requires them to work more on the project.
- Total: Assigns a fixed number of hours distributed proportionally to the person’s availability over the duration of the assignment (example: Joe is assigned 20 hours to Project A)
Fixed total hours keep the same number of assigned hours regardless of the assignment duration. For example, a person who was assigned to work for 100 hours on a project for 3 weeks will still be assigned 100 total hours if the project is extended to 6 weeks.
You can edit assignment allocation at any time to switch between the allocation types or modify the plan as needed. Any edits to the Schedule will automatically update the Project Page and suggested time entries on the Personal Page.
Adding or Editing Assignments on the Schedule:
Create an assignment on the People Schedule:
To create an assignment on the People Schedule:
- Click on an open space in the row of the desired person’s schedule.
- From the drop down menu, choose the Project or Leave Type that you want to assign.
- Adjust start and end dates by sliding the ends of the project bar. Or, click on the assignment and edit the desired time allocation (e.g. 20% or 10 hours per day or 50 hours), or set the start and end dates from the pop up calendar.
Create an assignment or add a phase on the Project Schedule:
- Click on the row of the desired project’s schedule.
- From the drop down menu, choose either Add Phase or Add Team Member. (Note: You can view the people and phases currently assigned by selecting Show Details.)
- Adjust start and end dates by sliding the ends of the phase or assignment bar, or from the pop up calendar. You can also click on a phase to add team members or click on the team member to edit the desired time allocation (e.g. 20% or 10 hrs/day or 50 hours).