Before you train your team to use 10,000ft, answer these questions to determine your implementation plan. Answering these questions will help you communicate the plan to your team.
- What do you want to get out of 10,000ft?
- What will you use 10,000ft for? (Time tracking? Resourcing? Analytics?)
Setup & Standards
- What information do you want your team to see? How will you set permission levels?
- Does your company have standardized project phases?
- Does your company have project templates?
- Will you track projects based on time, currency, or both?
- What policy or rules might you have around Schedule changes?
- Do you use bill rates?
- What are the bill rates and do they vary based on project, client, or activity?
- Who will use 10,000ft from your company?
- Who will create new projects? Who will add Leave?
- At what stage will you create new projects?
- Who will adjust the Schedule in 10,000ft?
- What is each person responsible for in 10,000ft?
- What are some frequently needed reports you might use?
Adjustments & Implementation
- What tools or processes will 10,000ft replace?
- Do you require any integration with other business tools?
- How are you going to introduce 10,000ft to your company?